(modified 21 apr)(modified 27 apr)(modified 5 MAY)
1. The team will consist of players who are 16 or younger on 30 apr 2014.
2. The purpose of the team is to develop the baseball skills of those participating and to use those skills in competition. Based on all other teams actions we can say with certainty that no other team we know of has this as its purpose.
3. The team will play in the KIWANIS league on friday nights and on saturdays. The season will start memorial day weekend and play till mid july. We will play 2 games on saturday and one during the week usually on friday night. We requested that weekday games not begin till the JV season is over. IF the PGL league agrees we have requested to play each PGL team once on friday nights. We are doing this to get games against the best teams in the city. We have decided not to play the PGL teams.
4. As we expect to have almost 18 players we will play in the NY TRAVEL league. There will be 2 games on sundays.
5. THIS MEANS WE ARE PLAYING 5 GAMES PER WEEK. We will bring 12 players to each game. After allowing for those with problems on a specific day we will select the players to come to each game. We will bring the weaker players to NY TRAVEL and the stronger players to KIWANIS. Many players will play both leagues over the season. This means alot of baseball for everyone as all players at a game will play about a game and a half and most will play both games. If we played only one league most players would play only one game in every double header and some will not play in the third game. It doubles your playing time at a very small increase in dues. PLAYERS WHO ARE YOUNGER WILL PLAY ON SUNDAYS BUT MANY PLAYERS MAY PLAY BOTH DAYS.
6. This means its very important that players follow the communication rules to avoid forfeits. Violations will be strickly punished and may cost you additional dues to pay for forfeits which are not included in your current dues.
7 . The umpire fees, league fee, additional uniforming costs (hat,socks, tee shirt, head band, sweat shirt), baseball costs, etc will be paid from the player dues.
8. PLAYER DUES: THE DUES WILL BE $375.00 FOR EACH PLAYER THIS SPRING SEASON. THE EXPECTED BUDGET IS SHOWN ON THE PLAYERS WEB SITE FRONT PAGE. THE DUES CONSISTS OF A REGISTRATION FEE AND A GAME FEE. IT DOES NOT COVER NEW UNIFORMS SHIRTS. IT DOES COVER THE ADDITION UNIFORMING ITEMS. ALTHOUGH WE DOUBLED OUR EXPENSES BY PLAYING 2 LEAGUES THE DUES HAS GONE UP BY ONLY $75. I BELIEVE THERE IS NO OTHER TEAM CHARGING LESS THAN $500.00 TO PLAY 50 GAMES. TO KEEP THE DUES LOW WE MUST FIND MORE PLAYERS.
WE ARE NOW COLLECTING MONEY. WE WILL COLLECT THE REGISTRATION FEE OF $100.00 IMMEDIATELY. THIS ENTITLES YOU TO A PLAYING SPOT ON THE TEAMS ROSTERS. IT ALSO REPRESENTS A COMMITTMENT BY THE PLAYER TO PLAY. SINCE,ONCE WE HAVE SUFFICIENT COMMITTMENTS, WE WILL MAKE FINANCIAL COMMITTMENTS FOR THE TEAM IN THE LEAGUES THIS PAYMENT IS NOT RETURNABLE IF THE PLAYER IS UNAVAILABLE TO CONTINUE.
THE REMAINING $275.00 WILL BE COLLECTED IMMEDIATELY BUT IS DUE NO LATER THAN JUST PRIOR TO STARTING THE SEASON PRIOR TO THE FIRST GAME. THIS MONEY IS ENTIRELY SPENT AFTER A PLAYER WALKS ONTO A FIELD TO PLAY HIS FIRST GAME. A PORTION IS SPENT BASED ON THE COST OF ANY UNIFORMING ITEM HE RECEIVES.
PLAYERS MAY PAY NOW BY CASH OR CHECK MADE OUT TO ME. WHEN PAY FULL AMOUNT, ONLY THE FIRST $100.00 IS COMMITTED UNTIL THE DUE DATE OF THE REMAINDER WHICH WILL BE 18 MAY.
9. ONLY THOSE PAYING FULL DUES IMMEDIATELY MAY PURCHASE HIS OWN UNIFORM SHIRT. WE EXPECT IT TO COST ABOUT $50-75. THE LONGER WE WAIT THE LESS LIKELY WE CAN BUY THEM THIS SEASON.
10. WE HAVE 14 UNIFORM SHIRTS WHICH WILL BE GIVEN OUT AND COLLECTED BRFORE AND AFTER EACH GAME. YOU MAY NOT TAKE THEM HOME TO WASH THEM. WE WILL CLEAN THEM ONCE EACH WEEK.
11. PERMISSION FORM: PLAYERS MUST SUBMIT A PERMISSION FORM SIGNED BY PARENTS.
12. BIRTH CERTIFICATES: EVERY PLAYER MUST BE REGISTERED IN EACH LEAGUE. THIS REQUIRES YOUR ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO BE TURNED IN IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU NEED TO GET NEW ONE FROM THE CITY OF NEWYORK YOU MUST APPLY FOR IT NOW AS IT TAKES 6 WEEKS TO GET IT. WE WILL RETURN THEM AFTER CHECKING YOU INTO EACH LEAGUE. WE WILL KEEP A COPY WHICH WE WILL MAKE.
13. UNIFORMS: IF SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PLAYER WISH TO PURCHASE NEW UNIFORMS WE WILL BUY THEM. THE COST IS NOT KNOWN YET TILL WE TRY TO ORDER THEM. AS SOME OF THE OLD UNIFORMS MUST BE USED THE NEW ONES MUST BE THE SAME AS THE OLD ONES.
Players must purchase a pair of plain gray pants. We will provide a hat, socks, tee shirt, head band and sweat shirt.
We will give out before game a uniform shirt and collect it at games end. We have exactly enough and they are not replaceable so we can't afford to lose any.
14. Players must be available to play on Sundays or saturdays for a double header depending on which roster you are on. Half of the team will start on sat and other on sunday with other half being used as fillins. We play at 5:45pm on Fridays at diamond # 2 at bay8 park. We may have additional weekday games but we will make every effort to avoid them being scheduled untill after JV is over. We will meet about 1.5 hours before the start time of all weekend games and as soon as possible before weekday games to prepare properly to play before we start. Games may be at various fields thru out the city. We will have a game review meeting at the end of the games. It should last about 20 mins or less.
15. AVAILABILITY: ALL PLAYERS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY EVERY GAME INDEPENDANT OF WHICH LEAGUE YOU NORMALLY PLAY IN. A FORFEIT ADDS ADDITIONAL DUES TO EVERY PLAYER ON THE TEAM WITH ANYONE SCHEDULED TO BE THERE AND IS NOT PRESENT AT GAME TIME CHARGED MUCH MORE THAN THE OTHERS.
16. Players must go to the web sight and fill out the registration form and submit it and then down load and print the permission form which must be signed by a parent and turned in immediately.
17. Players must use the web sight to communicate and to learn the material presented.
18. Please watch and memorize the event startup sequence slideshow. Read the messages in yellow and follow their instructions.
19. Look at the practices listed and send an email telling me which ones you will attend. Click on 'weekly web review' to get an email form if your computer is setup for it. Also check the games and confirm you will attend.
20, Check the scheduled games and practices for the upcoming week every thursday night before going to bed and send email telling me your status for each one.
21. Check the web sight on a regular basis as it is updated everyday. Check update date so you know if you seen all items already.
22. MUST CALL ME TO TELL ME IF CANT MAKE ANY PRACTICE AT ALL THAT WEEK. CAN'T DO THAT BY EMAIL UNLESS DONE ON THUR NIGHT EMAIL. WE PROBABLY WONT PRACTICE DURING THE WEEK UNTIL AFTER SCHOOL ENDS.
23. MUST CALL ME THE NIGHT BEFORE MISSING A GAME OR AS SOON AS YOU KNOW A PROBLEM EXISTS TO GET PERMISSION TO MISS THE GAME.
24. REMEMBER IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WITHOUT PERMISSION YOU WILL BE PUNISHED AND OR FINED.
25 . IF WE DON'T HAVE 9 PLAYERS PRESENT AT GAME TIME WE FORFEIT. WE DONT PLAY BUT MUST PAY BOTH UMPIRE FEES OF $120 EACH PER DOUBLE HEADER. FORFEITTING A DOUBLE HEADER COSTS $240.00 FOR GAMES WE DONT PLAY. THE FORFEIT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE DUES. WE WILL CHARGE A MAJOR PORTION TO ANY MISSING PLAYER WITHOUT ADVANCE PERMISSION TO MISS AS THEY CAUSED THE FORFEIT AND SPLIT THE BALANCE WITH ALL PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER.
26. EACH PLAYER MUST ATTEND ONE PRACTICE A WEEK OF AT LEAST 3.0 HRS LONG. Practices will be scheduled multiple time a week so players have a choice when to come. We will make allowances for school games, practices and homework. These will be personal skill development practices. Once games start we may not be able to practice until after school ends. We will practice three times a week during the day during the summer for 6 hour each. These are player development practices. Players are not required to attend more than one each week. If not free during the day we will make other arrangements for you. We like to have no more than 5 players per player development practices. Everyone must attend a team practice when they are scheduled.