.... SKILLS, TECHNIQUES,
MENTAL ABILITIES, ATTITUDES & PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
.... DEVEOP OPTIMUM HITTING, FIELDING & THROWING TECHNIQUES VIA VERY HIGH NUMBERS OF REPETITIONS OF COLLEGE LEVEL DRILLS.
.... DEVELOPED FOR SAMI & NAIM IN 2012. REVISED FOR 2013 SEASON.
.... NEW PLAYERS ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.
1. Develop the physical
strength of the body parts used in baseball to enable stronger execution of
the skills and techniques needed to perform at a high level.
2. Improve attitudes and reactions to enable participants to behave as athletes do.
3. Improve concentration and intensity during performance of skills and techniques.
4. Improve ability to perform at levels participants are capable of reaching while under unfavorable conditions, stress, heat, adversity, etc.
5. Improve by using all the optimum college level techniques and skills required to perform well in baseball.
6. Understand the details of the techniques they are using and understand how each practice item contributes to their goals.
1. SEE FULL DAY PRACTICE PLAN AND THE OTHER PRACTICE PLANS FOR DURATION AND SEQUENCE OF DRILLS.
2. SEE WEB SIGHT FOR STARTING TIMES OF PRACTICE EVENTS.
3. SEE DRILL PLAN FOR LISTINGS & DETAILS OF ALL DRILLS.
4. Practices are held every Tuesday & thursday from start of summer vacation till labor day. Alternate schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
.... Other player who are serious about being an athlete may participate if they are willing to do the work and spend the time.
PLAYERS DECISION FACTOR
1. Players must be have the time to participate.
2. Player must seriously want to improve their physical conditioning, their ability to handle and work under stress and heat, their athletic and personal discipline, their attention to repetitive detail so practice can make changes and develop their baseball skills.
3. There is no complaining once they are willing to participate. No hesitations.
4. Must understand this will be a lot of work for me as well and so we don't want failure.
5. Must understand that their goals are worth the effort.
1. We will not use jumping jacks as one of the physical exercises but reserve it to be used only so players get the feeling when assigned jumping jacks that they are failing to meet their goals based on things they can control.
2. Punishment for failure to respond quickly, to know and follow procedure or schedules on own / to take responsibility / to put in full effort despite being hot, tired, etc / to get desired results when reasonable = 1- 10 min holding "down" position followed by 1 - 10 sets of 100 continuous jumping jacks back to down position after each set.
3. Certainty of punishment for any failure no matter how slight. Number of sets and time based on severity of the failure.
........ All the water and rest desired between drills or items. No breaks within drills or items. No rest when working on cardiovascular improvement or working while tired unless not able to continue.
TECHNIQUES and PROCEDURES
1. Physical training using conventional exercises.
2. Effort to build heart / arms / shoulders / stomach / legs.
3. Pressure simulation using sweats.
4. Use of occasional hollering abuse.
5. Working when very tired and getting results.
6. Use of embarrassment as a learning tool.
7. Discipline using collars ( headband) / holding positions / quick responses to every action.
8. Very very high repetitions during skill drills.
9. Work on one thing fully before going onto the next drill. Do missed drills at next practice before repeating the sequence again.
1. Bat / glove / Cletes / batting glove / knee pads
2. own hooded sweat shirt and sweat pants / extra tee shirt / extra underware shorts / extra socks / sun blocking cream / hat. / Large towel.
3. Bklyn sweat suit if given / collars( headband) and wrist bands if given.
4. Candy bar / banana / Large bottle with sink water (3/4 fill water,freeze overnight,fill to top in morning) / Bag to hold items
....... Players must perform the long run on own (sighted) at least once more each week on either sat or sun night.
....... Players must perform at least one exercise to maximum capacity each night. Select from any of the ones being done at practice. Select different body part each night until all are done then repeat sequence.
...... Player may do as many body parts each night but only one exercise for each body part each night.
...... Must Skip any day the you came to practice.
...... May skip any day played game.
...... Must regularly review the web sight.
...... Must read or view movie/pictures of a technical item on the web sight once each week. May do it more often.
...... Must check email or Facebook messages once a day at night before going to bed and respond to requests indicated in the messages.
PLAYER MUST SPECIFICALLY ASK TO PARTICIPATE !!!